As you probably know, Oracle had announced its own virtualization solution – Oracle VM – just a few days ago.
Oracle VM is based on the open-source Xen virtualization technology. Essentially, Oracle VM is a virtualization server with an integrated web-based management console.
Oracle VM offers simplified and faster installation and deployment, and promises to be three times more efficient than other server virtualization products.
Oracle VM is a fully supported solution with the following Oracle products certified to run within virtual machines:
- Oracle Database 10.2.0.3 and 11.1
- Oracle Application Server 10gR2 and 10gR3
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 10.2.0.4
- Oracle TimesTen 126.96.36.199
- Oracle Berkeley DB 4.6
- Oracle E-Business Suite 11.5.10 and 12
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Enterprise 9.0
- PeopleTools 8.49.07 and above
- Oracle's Siebel CRM 8
- Oracle's Hyperion 9.3.1
As of yesterday, the Oracle VM is available for download through eDelivery website: download Oracle VM. Both x86 32-bit and 64-bit of VM server 2.1 and VM manager 2.1 are offered.